What Happens When Women Walk in Faith Week 3: Believing

First day of the new chapter in my life and I thought I would answer some of the questions being put forth in the Bible Study I am doing, What happens when women walk in Faith.


Every Day is a Winding Road

God has taken me on such a journey these past 10 years.  When I first graduated from college I took a minimum wage job at a gym as a Front Desk Attendant.  In a way it all seems so ridiculous now.  Here I had gone to a great school only to get a job check in gym members and fold towels.  Fast forward 9 months later I was teaching classes and I became a personal trainer.

During the next 10 years I did a variety of jobs in the fitness industry.  I even went back to school to obtain more education in the sciences and business which culminated in 4 Associates Degrees.

The first 2-3 years were awesome.  I made a decent amount, lived in a nice area of town, and even went to visit Europe but sometime in 2008 I got off track, ended up living my fears, and then crashed before giving my life to God in 2009.  The last 6 years or so have been a winding road with much learning and growth but it's been a winding road.

There have certainly been times I wished I picked another career path that paid more money, had more stability, and so forth but then I realize what I do is planting seeds and has a bigger purpose than money.  To know you have an impact on a life cannot replace money.  When a client says "I'm so glad we got paired up and connected." I know that it is a divine intervention and that I am so blessed to do what I am doing.

A lot of the time during this journey I have complained.  I complained about not making much money, being single, not being able to have fun and travel anymore, the lack of friends, and so forth.  This is definitely NOT the route I would have chosen for myself but I can say now that I am glad that I have gone this way.  I know this is all for my good and I believe that by staying faithful to God and his plan, all that I have complained about will be restored two times over.

Time for an Illogical Step

Yesterday was my last day at my job.  I quit and I couldn't be more at peace about it.  I don't think I've ever felt more apathy about leaving a job before.  There have been times when I have been truly sad or relieved and jumping for joy but this time it was Peace Out.  I barely even said goodbye to my co-workers.  It was one of those deals where I was glad to go and was just ready to be out.

This is an illogical step because I do have clients but I am not sure if that is going to be enough to cover my expenses.  To be Honest, I don't care if it is.  This is the right thing to do and I know that God will provide for me.

I don't even have anxiety about the decision to quit.  It's illogical to many that I have no clue but I am working on projects as the Lord gives me direction and I'm really not worried.  I know that God will provide because this is the right thing to do.

Empowerment

Faith should empower us to make BOLD steps forward and not cower in the corner because we're too scared of what could happen.  We serve a God who empowers us with the Holy Spirit to do things ordinary people cannot.  We are set apart! We are God's masterpiece!!

As I start this new chapter on this Sacred Journey, I am so excited to see what God is going to do, how he will provide, and what roads I am going to go down that I didn't anticipate but will have a tremendous blessing accompanying it.


To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts