Out of Control and Loving it: Take Control Here and Now!

Good Lord.

I don't even know where to start.  

Yesterday at Shiloh Church was sooooo rich. I received reassurance that Even though many are in seasons where things don't make any kind of sense,  the Lord is with us.  He's letting us know he's with us and he is in control of everything.

In the past week or so as I have been studying the Death and Resurrection phase of our dreams in the Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study, I have realized that when God kills your dream what he is asking you to give up will never measure up to what he has planned for you.  It's that whole exceedingly abundantly thing.  Why then do want to hold on to our little dreams?  Because they are OUR dreams and what we believe is possible, but our God is bigger than those limiting visions and dreams.

In the past week, I thought about how I have quit my job and yes I am still training people (making more money doing it too) but at the same time, I am spending my days researching and writing my transformation program and chronicling my story in the form of lessons that I will turn into a resource for other daughters of God.  I'm even working on some resources for my "secular" friends with the same principles.  I don't know where any of this will end up but I believe God has called me to do it.  He's called me to share my story with other women so they can be encouraged.

Take Control Here and Now

Oh man that was the song we sang yesterday.  You are Here...You are Here Now...Have your way as we bow down.  TAKE CONTROL HERE AND NOW.  Man as I sang those words I couldn't help but cry as I let God know that I'm surrendering.  It's all him or nothing at all. As we sang that song 2-3x yesterday in worship, the atmosphere was thick with the presence of the Lord.  I came home and I was still crying and I was just spent.  I couldn't even sleep last night because I just knew God had heard the cry of my heart.  The only way any of this can work out is if the Lord Takes Control Now.

Have your way O God.  The King is Here and he's in control of my circumstances.  He hears the cries of our hearts.  Maybe I was just spent with that reality.  After feeling abandoned and forgotten for so long to be able to cry out to God "TAKE CONTROL HERE AND NOW" and know that it will be all right because he is here was such a heavy burden that has been lifted.

I'm not worried about the circumstances so much anymore.  I've surrendered and I know God has some amazing things in the works.  Have your way O Lord! Take Control here and now!  Spirit move!  Heaven rain down!

That was my word of the week:  Rain.  

Let it Rain...Open the Floodgates of Heaven.  That he did too.

Pastor Patrick Kitely spoke to us yesterday.  He's enduring his own personal challenges but yet he manages to keep showing up to encourage and teach us.  His text was from Exodus 3 when God calls Moses.  I saw some things in that text I had never seen before such as: God calling Moses from the back of the desert.  I didn't realize that.

Exodus 3:1
Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God.

That's something huh?  When God calls you it can be from the back of the desert or the front of the church but when he calls you, make no mistake about it.  Doesn't matter if you tried to hide.

Pastor Patrick stopped at verse 6 but last night when I couldn't sleep I went to verse 7 and saw this:

And the Lord said: “I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows.

God knows our sorrows.  He hears our cries!   He knows our sorrows but the only way we are going to be rescued is if we allow him to TAKE CONTROL HERE AND NOW...Certainly the Israelites couldn't have done any of what God had for those Egyptians on their own:  the locusts, the frogs, the flies, certainly not the death angel, and forget about the Red Sea.  When he Takes Control...it's more than we could ever dream of.

God's Word:  You have to live it to Give it

Pastor Patrick said that all of us have a mission and an assignment on this Earth.  I keep saying mine is to uplift, empower, and help people become the best versions of themselves.  I want to make an impact with an awesome story of faith and restoration. Now how in the world am I going to do that if I don't have my own story of how God moved miraculously on my behalf?

Even though I have grumbled and complained (a lot )about how things don't make sense, they're taking too long, I just seem to be chasing my tail on so many fronts or maybe I'm just flat out delusional...the only way I am going to be able to inspire and encourage other women to wait for God's provision is if I have my own story of God's miraculous provision in my life.  We don't listen to people who haven't been where we are trying to go.  They don't have credibility.

Duh.

So if you're going to say that you want to have all this impact and an awesome testimony, well you're going to have to go through that process so you can tell people....The only way this could have happened was God.

I just shared on Facebook today that I have a whole box of prayers that I had started 2 years ago for my husband.  I shared with the woman who was talking about doing this that I was doing it so that it could be CLEAR that God orchestrated this entire thing and I couldn't have manipulated or made this up if I had tried.  What a testimony we will have!

I want my husband to believe so I have to keep pushing ahead in faith.  That strengthened my resolve to hold on and keep going because if I'm going to be a writer, teacher, or speaker worth listening to I need to have receipts.  I want other women to be helped by what I have learned.  That's why I'm so excited about starting these resources even though I have no clue where it's going right now.  I know it's the beginning of something.

Out of Control and Loving it

Soooo what was the next book in my queue after the Bible Study ended.  Yep...You guessed it. Lisa Bevere, Out of Control and Loving it.  It's all about surrendering our lives and letting go of what has held us captive.

Right?  God is faithful.  

To God be the Glory.

Comments

Popular Posts