It is finished! I'll Rise again! Prophetic word

OH BOY!!! The King is here!!!  hallelujah!! God you're here!!!

Well of course this weekend was resurrection weekend. On Good Friday I meditated upon the phrase tetelestai which was one of the last words on the cross. IT IS FINISHED!! Death has been defeated. The devil has been defeated for all eternity. Another translation of that phrase means that it is the end of the age. It is the end of The old covenant and now we enter the age of the Messiah.

Well I started thinking about how the disciples must have felt that Good Friday. On the AD Bible depiction the apostle Peter says what I would have said: "So it's over. The last 3 years of our lives  have been for nothing."

I know the super spiritual will never understand our negative attitude but can you imagine? You follow this guy around for 3 years, see some unbelievable stuff, give up your life and family to follow him, and then he's killed for no reason. I think I would be miffed as well.  As a matter of fact I know I would have been miffed, angry, disappointed, depressed, and defeated.

Then we have holy Saturday: nothing is happening. That all still really happened. The guy who raised his boy Lazarus from the dead is still dead. It all bad to feel like some cruel joke. I mean COME ON!

Poor peter and you know he felt bad about how he denied Jesus especially after telling Jesus he was wrong when he prophesied that very fact to him.

I thought about how it feels that way in life sometimes. You decide to follow Jesus, you see so e really cool things, he tells you some exciting things about the future, and then it all seems like it's going to Hell.  Feels like the entire journey has been a cruel joke.

However

It is the transition from one age to another.   We will rise again!  Just as Jesus got up on Sunday we too will get up with victory and power.  In order for to that happen, some stuff has to die a terrible and gruesome death. It may be financial or relational but it has to die. For me it is fear. I am afraid to step out and this needs to die so that I can rise in victory. I'm afraid to quit my job and do God only knows what. I'm afraid to stop worrying about finding a husband because it sure doesn't look like anybody is finding me and if I don't worry about it, I will never get married, all of my eggs will dry up and then I will end up on Hoarders.

but God says I have to kill fear first. I'm about to quit my job. It's time....


Prophetic word


After service on Sunday, this woman stops and looks right at me. She says Are you looking for a job? I said "kinda" she then proceeds to talk about situations, people, and distractions that are going to be cut. She assured me that God is with me and this is the time of favor and that I will be so focused on what God has for me that I won't have time for these things distracting me. (I wonder if she meant finding a husband)...she told me to come find her when all these things come to pass. with tears streaming down my face I asked her name and told Ingrid I would find her when it was time to give my testimony. Matter of fact I'm getting up in front of the whole church and going to testify about seeing Gods glory,

Whew!

At this point I understand that my main focus needs to be following the call of God on my life. Seeking him first and all the other things like a husband and dog will be added unto me. I am do thankful and grateful for that fresh infusion of faith because I needed it. I am sincerely seeking The Lord and I believe he is rewarding me for it.

Something else happened last week relating to this which is a separate blog post but I started reading this book by Lisa Bevere and got uncomfortable because I know this is a call on my life but I've tried to run away from it because I'm afraid of looking weird, crazy, foolish, but the more I read I know I've been called to give this testimony. I don't want to but I'm supposed to.

Looks like things are heating up again.

To God be the glory

Comments

Popular Posts