The Vision and the Mission: Truth and Reality...I am a Prisoner of Hope

Whoa.

Today was an interesting service.  The Senior Pastor of Shiloh Church has decided to take a leave of absence SO THAT he can save his family.  There were no gory details (Thank Goodness) but it was emphasized he had done nothing wrong.  His brother in law and sister will take the reins while God works and heals what is broken.

The church I grew up in had lots of scandals and I vowed that as an adult I would not attend a church where there was scandals and mess going on.  If you recall, my sister and I began attending this church after being at another for five years because we felt that there was a presence of the Lord here and an operating of the Spirit that we needed to be part of.

As I sat there listening to his Father the former Senior Pastor inform the congregation of this turn of events, my ears perked up when he said that his mother's message (who was the founding pastor) was one of RESTORATION.  That's my word y'all.  That is the word God has given me.  As this 90 year old woman raised her hands in the wheelchair when he said that word: Restoration, I began to thank God.  I am going to get a chance to see grace, mercy, and restoration in action and I'm going to learn from it.  From this, I will be able to teach and lead more effectively.

It also gave me a measure of humanity.  People fall, people fail, people mess up and they lose it all.  Do we shoot them when they are wounded or do we love them, pray for them, and encourage them back into Restoration?  Where my old church failed is that they accepted poor and sinful behavior.  They rational-lied it away, made excuses, and allowed it to keep going until everyone lost credibility and there were no standards.

Restoration


Truth vs. Reality

The Pastor Eric Butler who preached today nailed where I am on this Sacred Journey.  Truth vs. Reality.  My reality right now is not the most encouraging.  My job has become more challenging in recent weeks but the truth is that I'm there for the education.  The education in exercise science but also the life lessons of patience and humility.  The truth is this just for a season.

Let's look like at Truth Vs. Reality in my personal life.

The Reality is that if you look at my life in the last year, I'm still in the same situation.  No prospects and still believing this vision that God has given me.  I can say that this year I actually believe it.  I am not looking for changes in circumstances anymore.  I'm looking to be changed.  I realized I was selfish, prideful, angry, bitter, and wanted to be married for selfish ambition.  I realized I needed to change.  That is the truth.  Yes, the reality is that I am still single and still believing, but the truth is that I believe what God has said to me.  I've got what it takes.  I can do it.  I will do it afraid.  He has already done it.  It's time to say something different.

I was even thinking about Facebook.  Sometimes I compare myself to my peers on Facebook.  I feel way behind, inadequate, and like I'm sucking at life.  My reality is that I'm not married, don't have kids, don't make as much money as I'd like, and don't have this grand lifestyle when compared with these people but the truth is I don't know what their realities are.  The truth is I believe in my vision, mission, and that the vision I have will not be delayed.

I am a Prisoner of Hope

I have wanted to quit the Fitness Competition dreams a bunch of times because it seems like it will never happen and I will never be ready but something will not let me quit.  I am a prisoner of hope in believing I will achieve this goal.

So it is with the vision and mission.  A lot of times I wonder if I am delusional and simply fooling myself but God has made it plain:  This is no delusion and I have not made it all up.  I am a prisoner of hope

Zecheriah 9:12

Come back to the place of safety,
    all you prisoners who still have hope!
I promise this very day
    that I will repay two blessings for each of your troubles.


I mean really,  Can you WAIT to see what God is going to do and How he's going to do this.  I can't!  I can't wait!

As the preacher said today, "We are going for broke here!"  I've said that too so it must be true!!!  Here is the blog post where I say exactly that!

To God be the Glory!

Comments

Popular Posts