It's a New Season: Don't Stop Believing

Woohoo!!! My hometown SF Giants won the World Series this year and a major theme for us is the old Journey Song Don't stop believing...Hold on to that Feeling.

I think that's a pretty apt description of where I'm at right now.

Don't Stop Believing...Even when it appears that nothing is happening.  Nothing.

Before I would have been discouraged and ready to give up hope that the situation would change because there appears to be no change in sight, but now I am holding tight and hanging on to my belief that God is doing SOMETHING.  

I've changed.

My mindset has changed.

My actions have changed.

My attitude has changed.


My Assignment and Calling

We've undergone a transition at work and half of our staff has quit or resigned.  There have been several changes and while I think this could be positive, it isn't exactly the most fun place that you could be.  I started thinking about how I should start to look for another job since I'm not really digging the vibe right now.

Then I Started thinking.  The darkness is what needs the light...Most of us want to be apart of thriving, fun, and successful groups but we want to be apart of them when they are fun, thriving, and successful not while they are growing to get there.

I have a tendency to want to quit groups when it isn't going well and I don't feel like it's going to be what I want to be apart of.  I feel that if my calling is true and I'm supposed to be bringing light to the darkness then I have to stay on and not just quit when it gets discouraging.

Besides that I want to be married and that won't be peaches and cream either.  Some days I will want to quit but that's not what Love is.  Love is deciding to stay and work through it.

So that's where I am.

Renewed Vigor

I have had a renewed vigor when it comes to my work as well because I only want to  be training as a   career for 2 more years.  I will most likely always have clients in some form or another but I'm getting out of the training business within the next 2 years.

This has provided me with an end goal.  I'm no longer showing up to work with no purpose and no energy.  I'm here on fire every day because I'm working towards my next steps all within the next 2 years.  Iw ant to be married and have children.  Being a trainer in a commercial gym doesn't neccessarily support that lifestyle, plus I'm ready to get my teaching ministry off of the ground.

So that's my purpose and end goal.  IT sure makes working different when you have a destination rather than just working to pay bills and not lose your job.

Don't Stop Believing

I simply can't stop believing.  Too much has happened this year for me NOT to believe God is at work.  My ENTIRE self perception changed this year.  I went from thinking that I could never attract anyone worthwhile to believing that I would attract a world class top tier husband because I am good enough as I am.

I also made a declaration that If the Giants won teh World Series, then I would be married and go back to Paris next year.  LOL!  I knew that they would win...I was 98.79% sure of it and now I'm ready to collect. 

DON'T STOP BELIEVING...HOLD ON TO THAT FEELING.

Comments

Popular Posts