Luke 18:1 You should always pray and never give up...Even if you're praying for a husband

*Deep Sigh*

Well it has officially happened. I've become one of those women.

The ones that let people know that she's praying and believing God for a husband...you know just in case they may happen to know a attractive and single Christian guy that she should meet.

In all seriousness, I'm somewhat embarrassed that this has become such a topic of conversation for me in the past few months.  Before I tried to rationalize and talk myself out of being hopeful that I could be married.  I would say "If it happens...great.  If not...oh well".

Secretly I desire to be married because I KNOW that it's a part of my purpose and calling on this earth. There's a wonderful African Proverb that says

If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together

I'm going to go far.

4th Quarter Prayer Challenge-Ready to Give up??

As I've mentioned previously, the Lord has put it on my heart to use this last quarter of 2013, these last 90 days to pray every day for my husband who is somewhere out there like Feivel in American Tail.

I'm going to be honest with you: As of last week, I was ready to give up.

It is almost Thanksgiving and nothing has happened yet and nobody has appeared. I thought to myself: Clearly this is an exercise in futility.

As tempted as I was to quit, I couldn't do it.  I skipped a few days and knew I was wrong.  So I just picked it right back up.  

Didn't I learn anything from this past summer?  This prayer challenge and praying for my husband isn't about me.  I truly believe that whomever this is SERIOUSLY needs prayer and the more I focus on myself and complaining about what's not happening, the less he is being lifted up in prayer.  That's one less person interceding on his behalf as he fights in spiritual warfare.

A word from the Lord:  Luke 18

Why is God always right on time?????  Today as I was reading my word, I read Luke 18: 1 which is the story of the persistent widow.  

The scripture says in verse 1:

One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up.

What was that G?  You were going to give up because you don't think God is listening or cares.

Will not God make the things that are right come to His chosen people who cry day and night to Him? Will He wait a long time to help them? I tell you, He will be quick to help them. But when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?

This passage of scripture encouraged me so much and reaffirmed my commitment to keep on praying.  It isn't all about me.  When Christ returns, I want to be among those who He finds to have faith on the earth.  This entire experience is truly strengthening my faith.

Don't give up and I'm okay to be one of those women.

Even though I have become one of those women, I'm okay with that.  I think it is healthy to admit that we are praying for God's blessing in marriage and life partners.  

I think the reason many other single believers don't speak out about their prayers for life partner's is because people do not want to come across as desperate or be embarrassed if nothing happens.


That is not faith.

Hebrews 11: 1

What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead.

So if you're like me and praying for something that seems like it isn't happening, you keep praying and don't give up.  Even if you're praying for a life partner!  There will be glory after this!

I fully believe that in due season that I will be flooding this blog with my testimony of God's faithfulness in this area.  I will also be posting Celine Dion songs and other sappy music.

I am confident that what I want is going to happen
Even though I can't see my partner up ahead, I know he is waiting for me!

To God be the Glory!

Comments

Popular Posts