Giving Thanks for Stupid Faith

Today is Thanksgiving Day and as a fitness professional it is my day to ditch the chicken breasts, brown rice, and kale in exchange for macaroni and cheese, candied yams, and lots of desserts!

In America this day is supposed to be about giving thanks, but unfortunately (TANGENT STARTING NOW) it has turned into another commercialized holiday with retailers telling us to ditch our family time to go buy merchandise that is probably marked down to its true price.  

On this Thanksgiving day, the thing I am most thankful for is:  STUPID FAITH.

When I was in college, I went to a Bible Study where the lesson was about "Stupid Faith".  I really enjoyed the lesson because the teacher told us that we have to be willing to have the kind of faith that doesn't make any sense.  It has to be the type of faith that is just stupid and ridiculous.


I'm all in

What I am most Thankful for this year: Restoration

I am most thankful for the restoration of my relationship with God this year.  Since June 30, my life has been on the upswing.  It's just STUPID.  That doesn't mean things are perfect. There have been various challenges and obstacles, but rather than facing them with fear and doom I've faced them with faith and optimism.

Even with the whole single believer business, I am willing to say that I've improved in that area.  I no longer beg God to send me the Christian version of  Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.  I am praying for my husband (who does exist) in faith that God is preparing our lives to connect with each other at the right time.   

The biggest change in that arena:
 I actually  believe it is going to happen...NO DIGGITY AND NO DOUBT

Before my prayers were not prayers.  I was begging and asking half heartedly with an attitude of "Nothing's probably gonna happen anyway so I should pray and just hope for the best, but don't get my hopes up" 

Not anymore.  

I'm praying with actual faith and best of all putting RISK and ACTION behind those prayers.  

Grace for stupid faith

A-ha Moment

I can't be rational and intellectual with stupid faith.  This week God has shown me that he is giving me grace for stupid faith.  


It's crazy how all of a sudden I went from not really believing anything is going to change to all of a sudden standing up and saying "CHECK IT OUT.  IT'S SHOWTIME!  LET'S GO!!!!"  All I know is that I started to pray boldly and stand on the word instead of backing down.  Next thing I know things started moving and they started moving that same week y'all!!!

When I would try to figure it out on my own and try to make things happen, nothing would happen and  of course I would get frustrated, discouraged, and give up.  

Here's the point right here: There's no grace in intellectualism and reasoning.  

There's no strength in intellectualism and reasoning.  There's no power in intellectualism and reasoning.  There is frustration, discouragement, complaining, and giving up in intellectualism and reasoning.
BUT
There is grace in stupid faith

It even happened to Paul y'all 

The good Bishop made a good point.  Even the Apostle Paul (y'all) went through this and he wrote a lot of the Bible!  He asked the Lord to take away the thorn in His side three times and He said the Lord told him:

2 Corinthians 12:9
Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

His Grace will sustain me

After I did all of my big bold praying in the last 2 weeks, my first thoughts were:  One of two things are going to happen:  

First if this fails, then I will be shattered and give up totally.  I may quit altogether.
OR I will get emboldened and really think I can make mountains fall.

Even though I believe the outcome is going to be number 2, I no longer fear the first scenario happening. I will not be shattered.  God will give me the grace I need to hold on and move forward in faith.  I took a step in faith and he's given me more strength and grace in these past two weeks than I could imagine.  

That shouldn't surprise me because he said it would be so in His word

James 4:6
6 But He gives us more and more grace ([a]power of the Holy Spirit, to meet this evil tendency and all others fully).

Stupid is as Stupid Does

Stupid faith requires stupid actions.  I'm actually excited to see how STUPID things get because that's when the miracles happen.

To God be The Glory!

Comments

Popular Posts