2021 Recommended Reading List



 To make things simpler for everyone, I'm just going to place all my Top Reads for the year here on one post.  It will be updated regularly throughout the year!

To read my All-Time Recommended Reading list, please refer to this page on the Blog


Church Awakening, Chuck Swindoll

2020 was a wake-up call for the church...literally.  I believe it was the Lord who kicked us out of the buildings and began to separate the wheat from the tares.

Before Covid, I believe most of us knew something was seriously wrong with the church in America. In this wonderful book, Chuck Swindoll is blunt that what is missing from the church is the truth which is the gospel. 

The true gospel is not watered down and that includes teaching people Jesus.

Churches don't need to try so hard to be so creative and cute that folks miss the truth.  No need for meaningless and silly substitutes that dumb down God's word.  These may entertain people-even encourage them--but rarely will they convict the loss or bring believers deeper in their maturity. - Chuck Swindoll

Who cares about the latest viral sermon if it's not transforming lives and multiplying.  Swindoll goes on to say:

A watered down teaching ministry will usually attract crowds (for a while) but it has no eternal impact.  Satisfying the curious, scratching the itching ears of our post modern audiences is an exercise in futility.

To steal from one of my favorite books we're Amusing people to Hell.  

Counterfeit Revival, Hank Hanegraaff

Disclaimer: I am a "Charismatic" Christian.  Yes, I believe in speaking in tongues, prophetic words, miracles, signs, and wonders.

HOWEVER 

I do think there's a lot of false teaching and a lot of phonyness to be found in the charismatic movement which is why I think books like Counterfeit Revival are super important for charismatic Christians to read.  Even when we read the Book of Acts and see the apostles' various journeys, there was a girl who was accurately predicting the future and called Paul out as a man of God (Acts 16).  This led to Paul and Silas being thrown into prison but the point is that everything that looks like signs and wonders from the Lord may not be from Him.  It may be demonic in nature.  

Hank Hanegraaff exposes some of the more popular revivals in the 1990's and how much of it was made up and based on emotionalism and tall tales.

There are signs of this happening today as well in the charismatic movement.  As someone on Twitter said, "Many prophetic words are the equivalent of horoscopes." 

Much of this as Hank Hanegraaff points out is due to misconstruing scripture and people wrapped up in emotionalism.

Even if you are in the charismatic Christian camp and believe in revival, I think this is worth reading so you are not led astray by a counterfeit revival.

Much 


Declarations, Steve Backlund

How can we upgrade our prayer lives and pray more boldly?  

We can begin by exposing the lies we are tempted to believe and making Declarations.  I used Steve Backlund's book Declaration as a morning devotional and I would make various declarations daily related to ministry, health, relationships, finances, and more.  

I love Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
This is what Jesus said and I believe Him.  

We don't pray bold prayers due to past disappointments, lack of faith, and poor theology. When we pray we must actually believe God is going to answer them.  We should be surprised when it DOESN'T happen. Of course, our prayers must never ever contradict God's word and it must be in God's will.



Here's the Declaration I made on September 30, 2020, after completing this book.

I am blazing a trail for my descendants. The generational curses have been broken with me.


I have a Godly and thriving marriage that is a testimony to the faithfulness and goodness of God. My husband is a man of God with strong character and integrity and Im proud to be his wife. He’s made me a better woman and I give thanks for him every day of my life...even when I’m angry with him, (But that never lasts long) He is my special gift from God. No wonder I had to wait so long! (Maybe i had to wait for him to come of age...lol)


My children are believers and servants of the most High God using their talents to further the kingdom of God.


Our ministry is about the people. It’s about seeing people transformed and doing their part to advance the kingdom. It’s not about us and it’s definitely not about making money.


My life causes a dramatic, positive change in my family tree and in the ministries, cities, and nations that I am a part of.


The lives of my family and descendants are protected from disaster, disease, divorce, adultery, abuse, poverty, false accusation, foolish accusation foolish decisions, and all accidents 


We lay hands on the sick, raise the dead, and cast out demons all in Jesus name!


Every word will be accomplished. You are the God of the promise. The gates of Hell will never stand a chance. Your name prevails

. I encourage you to read this book and make your own declarations in Jesus' name.



Comments

Popular Posts