Pandemic Chronicles #16 God is up to something New










What started out as a 21 Day Shelter in Place in order to flatten the curve has now reached its 25th Week here in San Francisco.

25 Weeks of Sheltering in Place due to the Covid19 Pandemic which has killed 180,000 at this point and time and wiped out so many jobs.

If that wasn't enough excitement, then we also have civil unrest fueled by racial discord and agent provocateurs.

But wait...There's More!  

Here in California we have Wildfires!  The air quality has been so bad these past few weeks that I haven't been able to go on my walks or run outdoors which I was really enjoying since I no longer had access to the treadmill at the gym.

So far most people are ready to write 2020 off as a bust.

Oh yeah and who could forget the mess of an election in 60 some days.

Yet God is still in control and God Can.

The Ending of A thing

In the Book of Ecclesiastes Solomon said, 
"The end of a thing is better than its beginning;

The patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit. - Ecclesiastes 7:8

That is something to think about because I think we're at the ending of this particular period in history.  I definitely believe we are at the end of this period in Church History.  I don't believe the Me Me Me and Narcissistic Church is going to be the one to lead the great end time revival of the church.

Lord help us if we believe the "Evangelicals" are going to be leading this move of God.  Let them focus on their god which seems to be the United States.

It's the end of that group being the dominant voice for Jesus Followers in the United States (PRAISE THE LORD)

I believe it's the end of many things including many of the systems we assumed were going to keep us safe and comfortable.

If the ending of a thing is better than the beginning, then why does it feel so bad?  My guess is that at the end of a thing you've learned valuable lessons that will aid you as you move forward.  At the beginning of a thing there is much to learn, many kinks to work out, and also a lot of optimism. 

I think we've learned many valuable lessons during this time.  We've learned politics won't save us, politicians aren't god, materialism and consumerism is for the birds, and people aren't going to truly get saved and set free with the prosperity gospel.

Let's celebrate the ending of this thing and get focused on the New Things


God is Doing a New Thing

On Sunday August 30, 2020 Sharon Lau preached a message at Shiloh Church where she gave the word from Isaiah 43:18-19 that God is doing a new thing.  Even though we believe Jesus is coming soon and even though we're preparing the biggest ingathering into the Kingdom that we've ever seen, God is still doing a new thing.

I've seen it all around me.  Bad leaders are being exposed for who they really are.  False teachers are being exposed and ministries that were taking advantage of people are coming to an end.

God is doing something new.

“Do not remember the former things,
Nor consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.

I firmly believe that we haven't seen anything yet and the latter days will be better than the days we've seen in the past.  

Oh y'all thought you saw the glory of the Lord before?  
Just wait.  
You thought you saw miracles, signs, and wonders before?  WAIT. WAIT. WAIT ON THE LORD. 

HALLELUJAH!!!

Learning from the Exiled

During the 21 Day Fast Last month, I began to study the book of Jeremiah.  It's one that I believe is especially relevant in this hour.

I know people always like to quote Jeremiah 29:11 about having a hope and a future but the context of that verse makes it even more impactful.  Jeremiah is writing the remnant who had already been exiled a letter.  In the letter, he tells them to keep living in Babylon.  They were to get married, have families, and keep on living.  Just because they had been taken away from their homeland didn't mean they were to give up and die.

Just because the people were no longer going to have access to the Temple and all of the instruments of worship didn't mean that their relationship with God was out the window.  God is still sovereign and he still reigns even while they are in Babylon.

God was still doing a new thing even while this remnant of people were in captivity and living in Babylon.  I believe the same thing is true for us.  Sure we may feel like we're in exile at this moment but we're supposed to keep on living.  

We're not supposed to give up and die. There will be a remnant who will rebuild.

God is Doing a New Thing...even for me

This year I set some serious goals for myself and I am amazed at how nearly every single one has happened. I wanted to do something with my writing and I'm doing it both professionally with health/wellness and even getting a chance to do it in the faith space.

I have been in awe as I've seen God work everything out perfectly.

Well what about.....You know the single thing

At the beginning of 2020 the Daniel Fast I declared that I would be serving alongside my husband AT SHILOH (or the man who is to become my husband).  

I was very specific about it and I wrote it down in my Best Self Journal.

As you know this summer I jumped off the single woman train.  I was discouraged and frustrated because I still hadn't let go.  I was making up my own narratives and things didn't seem to be going anywhere...So I said Enough and decided to focus on other parts of my life.

That didn't mean I didn't stop thinking about it but I had to let go. 

I don't like Prayer Fleeces because it feels like testing God and not believing him but during my 40 Day  Prayer Challenge leading up to my birthday I gave a Prayer Fleece and it was simply this:

The divinely chosen husband God has for me will come after me BECAUSE he sought the Lord and God said that It is So.  It's important that the man I marry hears from God and if he decides to pursue me, then it is because he heard from God that he should.

That's it.  That's the Fleece.

Right now it doesn't seem to be nothing going on but the rent....BUT God can and I'm convinced that He is up to something.

We'll raise a Hallelujah...Together!!  

I will also raise a Hallelujah because I did not end up leaning on my own understanding but instead trusted God. There is no forcing, no coercing, no striving....only trusting in God!!  He is faithful!!  

I believe he will restore the years the locusts ate and even though I'm older chronologically, that won't even matter.  I trust God over my own ideas and understanding and I will not settle for anything less than God's perfect will. 

It is POSSIBLE!!!  GOD CAN DO IT!!

Comments

Popular Posts