Pandemic Chronicles #11- The catch of Here I am Send Me




When we answer the Call of Here I am Send Me it is exciting and scary but here's the catch very few people talk about: We don't get to pick where we are sent and I have yet to hear of anyone who has truly been called being sent to a comfortable resort with room service!

No, we're often sent to frustrating situations with challenging problems.

This is something that I am beginning to understand as I've been moving forward into my own call.  I've gone to meetings where I am super frustrated, ready to scream, and I haven't said one word which is so unlike me.  

Normally if I think that something is headed in the wrong direction I will speak up and ready to argue with the people who I think are taking us there, but this time I've stayed quiet.  

In fact, the last time this happened, I did leave early, and then before I went to bed I said, "God you had me there for a reason.  What was the reason?  How do you want me to pray about this?"  

When I received the answer about The New Wine I began to understand it's not just about me and how I'm feeling because the truth of the matter is if I was going by feelings, I would say "This isn't for me and has the potential for me to waste my time because things aren't changing fast enough so  I may need to move on" 

I cannot move on because I've been sent to help and I believe in the vision. I'm determined to see the vision come to pass.  

It's also not about me and my comfort.  It's about all of the souls that will be saved and lives that will be transformed.  It is about the people and not ourselves.

Here am I send me is Not about Creating Platforms for Ourselves

Ever heard the saying:

Some were called
Some were Sent
Some just Went

This has been the trend in ministry for the last few years.  We've seen a lot of people who just went and decided to create platforms for themselves.  They follow the same formula that other social media influencers use to create brands and sell products.  

  • Curate a perfect social media presence
  • Preach pop psychology as a motivational speaker along with a few scriptures mixed in
  • Begin to sell courses, products, books, and conferences 

Sorry to tell you but that isn't what Here am I send Me is about.  Whenever I read the stories of people who were called by the Lord in the Bible it usually goes like this.

  • God Calls them and they make excuses about why He Got it wrong
  • They Go
  • Something Bad Happens: The People that they were sent to don't listen, complain, put them in jail, physically abuse them, and even kill them.
The end results of all of these stories God I will trust you even though this looks like it is a mess and I may end up hurt or dead.

It's not about cute social media pictures.  
It's about becoming more like Jesus

Here I am Send Me involves Character Development

Even though I am at the very beginning of all of my call, I will acknowledge that I've already seen how Here I am Send Me is all about character development.

I already knew I was impatient but it's come to my attention that I am not longsuffering with others and my attitude can turn really negative when I get frustrated with others.

I'm glad that the Apostle Paul explained this is all part of the process in Romans.

Romans 5:3-4

And not only this, but [with joy] let us exult in our sufferings and rejoice in our hardships, knowing that hardship (distress, pressure, trouble) produces patient endurance; and endurance, proven character (spiritual maturity); and proven character, hope and confident assurance [of eternal salvation].

You got that right brother.  Here am I send Me involves character development and will always involve trouble.

God is on the Move in The Spiritual Realm

In this hour much is happening in the Spiritual Realm.  There's so much happening and while it looks crazy in the natural, I believe there is much happening in the spirit.

The Scripture says that everything that can be shaken will be shaken and we see this all around us in the church, politics, business, etc.

Only what is unshakable can remain and I believe that is what we are seeing now.  

Hebrews 12:26

 26 When God spoke from Mount Sinai his voice shook the earth, but now he makes another promise: “Once again I will shake not only the earth but the heavens also.”[k] 27 This means that all of creation will be shaken and removed, so that only unshakable things will remain.28 Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe. 29 For our God is a devouring fire.

 I've been thinking about this A LOT.  I've been thinking that God is purging, pruning, and purifying his church on a global level and in our local churches as well.  My own personal prayer about that is that when the purging, pruning, and purifying happen and unfortunate details are revealed is that we would not lose one person in the faith.  If anything the unfortunate revelations will bring everyone closer together in unity.  That's my prayer.

The Great Awakening and Revival

The reality of Here I am Send Me is:

It's not glamorous
It's not always super happy and fun
It's Getting in the Trenches
It's about Trusting and Glorifying God
It's about Glorifying God

As we prepare and position for The Great Awakening and Revival, there will be a Great Harvest and Ingathering.  

My prayer all along was to be there on the Front Lines and be helping out.

Then I heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?”
I said, “Here I am. Send me.

Comments

Popular Posts