52 Days to Rebuild: Influencer

After returning from my retreat, I realized that my main focus for the next several months is to:


INFLUENCE

That's what real leadership is.  It's influencing others toward positive change.

I have said before that I don't need a title or a platform to lead because as Shiloh founder, Dr. Violet Kiteley said: "if you have to tell people that you're x,y,z...then you probably aren't x,y,z"

So right now the focus is on influence.

Onto the next volume of Life

My next volume is here.  

I see it in the spiritual even though not much has really changed in the natural.  Sure my financial situation has somewhat improved and my business is growing, other things haven't changed all that much.

It is actually funny to see some of the things I've written in the past and I realize that it really was already done.  Coincidentally (or maybe not) Shiloh was having their kids camp and what came up in my memories?




I honestly don't think I ever stood a chance.  Even when I went astray and off on my own, I certainly found my way back to Shiloh and now that the pieces seem to be coming together I marvel at the faithfulness of God. WOW!!

I gave my first "sermonette" in my Bible study Basics Research class.  I felt natural up there teaching the Word and know it's a huge part of the next volume of life.  I loved it just as much as I loved teaching fitness classes so I am ready to do more and learn more!
Next month I am taking The Book of Acts with scholar extraordinaire Dr. Nina Baratiak.  I said that if Dr. Nina ever taught a class then I would take it and here we are.

In order to be a good teacher, then you have to be a good student...so here we are.

Counterfeits



For some reason the word counterfeit has been on my mind heavily recently.

After that retreat I really started thinking about counterfeits and how the whole schtick of the counterfeit is to look like the real thing.  Oh it has the very appearance of the real thing...but it is not authentic.

Counterfeits are not authentic 
They are fake.
They are phony.
Upon further inspection counterfeits are exposed.

Since I keep hearing the word counterfeit that's what I am going to be studying!!

I don't know why this has come up for me recently and why I feel so strongly about protection from counterfeits.  This scripture has been going through my head as well from Jude verse 4.

I say this because some ungodly people have wormed their way into your churches, saying that God’s marvelous grace allows us to live immoral lives. The condemnation of such people was recorded long ago, for they have denied our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
With all this talk of counterfeits and influencing, I keep hearing this phrase:

"Be ready"

I'm supposed to be ready when God calls me up.  Listen I see some things happening a mile away and it's my job to not judge, condemn, or overrule anyone.


My job is to be ready when called.

My current goal is to meet at least ONE new person a week at Shiloh and establish myself as a person of influence.  Someone who is encouraging and has a vision to help people thrive.  I'm also interested in the cause of building bridges between generations and with men and women.

I've already told people that I will launch something by the end of the summer.  Not sure what it is but something. 

Comments

Popular Posts