Daniel Fast Week 3 Takeaways

Week 3 Takeaways from the Daniel Fast
  • We have a very interesting scene in John 6:66-68:  The people thought that what Jesus was talking about was too hard to understand and they left.  Leaving too soon means you may miss out on making History.
  • I don't need to have it all.  I'm getting a lot done this year and I'm expanding my life but I am not trying to have it all.  I'm following the amazing Christine Caine's advice: Reordering my priorities, Pursuing my God Given Purpose, and I'm going to stop striving (campaigning and making my case) (2 Corinthians 9:8)
  • Reading Francis Chan's book Dear Church, I'm feeling stirred about what my focus is going to be for my small group: BIBLE STUDY
  • Prophesy to the Dry Bones when you're led.  Find out why later  Sometimes I hold myself back but I had an urge to speak a word this week regarding Integrity and reaping a harvest if we don't give up and I heard it confirmed in the Sunday Sermon. So keep speaking it.
  • I have to say that in this year of 2019, I feel like I am called to study the Bible like I never have before. I feel an urgency to be in the word and devote myself to learning it
  • Your Fire only falls on sacrifice. An empty altar receives no fire. There’s always a cost, a burden, suffering. - Frank Bartleman
  • It's nice to want to love on others but I have to learn how to Praise and Worship my First Love and Love on Him properly first.
  • It feels like I am going down the rabbit hole in so many ways.  All of the synchronicity and synchronous events are a great adventure.

Leaving Too Soon may mean missing out on History

65 Then he said, “That is why I said that people can’t come to me unless the Father gives them to me.”66 At this point many of his disciples turned away and deserted him. 67 Then Jesus turned to the Twelve and asked, “Are you also going to leave?”68 Simon Peter replied, “Lord, to whom would we go? You have the words that give eternal life

I have to admit that while Jesus' ministry was very exciting with all of the miracles and turning the religious order of the day upside down, I'm sure it got frustrating. for people who just didn't get what was going on.  I have to admit I can easily see that happening to myself. 

What is this guy talking about?  I thought he was here to deliver Israel!! Too much talking in riddles and rhymes.  He should be sticking it to the man!

Well this scene is quite interesting.  It seems that a number of the disciples to move on because they just weren't getting what Jesus was talking about.


Peter's response is also interesting considering that he deserted the Lord when he was arrested.   (Hint:  This just shows there's always hope and redemption )

But think about it:  Only 120 people were in that upper room when the Holy Spirit came.  Those people that ended up deserting Jesus completely missed out on that historic event.

During the Fast, I thought to myself: "When we leave too soon, we may be missing out on history."  I feel that we are poised for a historic moment in the very near future and I am just unwilling to miss out.  I find myself stepping it up because I don't want to desert the cause and then completely miss out on the historic moment because I didn't get what was going on.

Besides where would I go?  I've already tried it my way and it was a stunning fail


I don't need to have it all

 I'm getting a lot done this year and I'm expanding my life but I am not trying to have it all because that is pointless and exhausting.

I'm following the amazing Christine Caine's advice: 

  • Reorder my priorities
  • Pursue my God Given Purpose
  •  I'm going to stop striving,campaigning, and making my case.  God will give me exactly what I need.  (2 Corinthians 9:8 And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.)
The main reason I was trying to have it all before was because I didn't want to look like a loser and I wanted to feel superior to others. 

It was about pride.

I think about my goals now and the motivation has changed.  I truly want to see people liberated and set free.  I want God to be glorified.  I want people to stop believing the lies and to start actually LIVING.  I want people to choose LIFE instead of Death.

I don't need to have it all in worldly terms.  Most of that stuff and the attainment of that stuff is leading to our deteriorating mental health. 

We're going to Study the Bible

Reading Francis Chan's book, "Dear Church" is quite opening. I do agree with him that the way we do church leaves much to be desired.  

One of my biggest pet peeves is the lack of Biblical Literacy among believers.  I'm in a Foundations class at my church where we are learning about the Foundations of the Faith according to the Bible and another woman and I remarked to each other about how much of what we had been taught wasn't Biblical but religious tradition and how these falsehoods become law.  


To be fair, most of those who taught the religious traditions were doing the best they could and they were just teaching what they learned or what they heard 10,000 times.  


This is why it's so important to study for ourselves!


I've decided that when I do my small group, it's going to be centered around Bible study.  STUDYING THE BIBLE.  Do I like tools?  Of course but people need to know what the Bible ACTUALLY says and not just what their church teaches.



Prophesy to the Dry Bones when you're led

Even though I was trying to hold myself from back from posting in the Young Professionals Group because I was trying to avoid the campaigning, I felt so strongly to share about those who may be feeling overlooked because they're trying to do things God's way when it comes to their career.  The prayer point that day was about valuing integrity and I felt so strongly about telling the people that integrity was what matters in business and doing it God's way and doing what He said was going to be worth it.  I said that the people would reap a harvest of blessing if they did not give up. (Galatians 6:9)

How excited was I when Pastor Nina shared in her Sunday message, "I did it on Purpose!" that exact same point.  She said she really appreciated that prayer point about valuing integrity not only in the world but in God and then she quoted the King James Version of Galatians 6:9
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
Earlier that week someone on our Church's prayer perimeter said earlier that week that the Holy Spirit ALWAYS sends confirmation and I knew that was confirmation that the word I gave was the right thing to do. Sometimes I hold myself back from sharing these words that I'm getting but I'm learning to speak boldly when prompted and I'm also learning when to Shut up when prompted.

As one of my scriptures this year says, "I will prophesy to the Dry Bones!"



Devoting myself to the study of the scriptures

You cannot have revival without the word of God.  Period.

This year I feel an urgency to study the scriptures like never before.  Like I need to immerse myself in learning the Bible and how to teach.  Here's the thing:  I keep hearing this scripture from Joel over and over again.


The Lord says, “I will give you back what you lost

    to the swarming locusts, the hopping locusts,
the stripping locusts, and the cutting locusts.[a]
    It was I who sent this great destroying army against you

Of course I want to apply this to my personal life but I think this has to do with my ministry.  We're on the fast track because the time is NOW.  All the lost time due to disobedience and resisting.  We are restoring what was supposed to be which is why I feel this urgency and this pull at this time.


Plus as I've said before I don't want to be one of these people up teaching the gospel of fluff-o or getting by on my charisma and entertainment value.  We have enough of that.  This generation of people need TRUTH.  They need to get out of the matrix.



Your Fire only falls on sacrifice. An empty altar receives no fire. 

Your Fire only falls on sacrifice. An empty altar receives no fire. There’s always a cost, a burden, suffering. - Frank Bartleman, participant in the Pentecostal Revival of 1906
There's a price to pay for following God and we should want that. We all know that free or deeply discounted items aren't usually as good of quality as something that costs.  It's no different in the Kingdom.  To really possess all that God has for us will incur a cost whether it's being misunderstood, losing out on worldly accomplishments, and most importantly giving up on our own ways of being....there's a cost but it will be so worth it!

Is there not a cause?
Yes and there is a cost


Learn how to Love God first

It's nice to want to love on others but I have to learn how to Praise and Worship my First Love and Love on Him properly first.


The scripture says to: Seek First the Kingdom of God and he will give you everything you need.

I want to love God and give him proper affection first.  It's nice to want to love others and be affectionate with other people but it's important for me to learn how to Praise and Worship the King of Kings and Lord of Lords first.


Going down the Rabbit Hole: A great adventure



"Curiouser and Curiouser" said the Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland.  That's how I am approaching 2019.  I told God that I am ready to Go Down the Rabbit Hole with Faith this year with minimal complaining and without resisting.  I think I'm in for a Great Adventure.

Stay Tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts