Recommended Read: Be Anxious For Nothing, Max Lucado



Be Anxious for Nothing.....

Another great and easy read from Max Lucado!

I highly recommend this book because I believe in this hour we need to remind ourselves to be anxious for nothing, pray about everything, tell God what we need, and thank him for what He has done.

The news continues to be incredibly disturbing and depressing so I do believe we need macro reminders to Be Anxious for Nothing.

On a Micro Level it's hard not to worry about every little thing because if you're like me, you want to control everything and how many know that's one of the best ways to become frustrated and exhausted.

Through this book I remembered stuff I used to be so anxious and worried about but looking back God has provided in all of those situations.  I wasn't sure how it was going to happen BUT GOD protected and provided for me so for me this was an opportunity to be grateful to God.

Don't Meditate on the Mess

In one of the chapters Max talked about how bad legalism is and of course you know I was ALL IN on that chapter.

He talked about what a frustrated and exhausted mess you will be adhering to Legalistic Standards.  It's so true. Legalism is all about guilt, denial. torment, and frustration.  

Not only is legalism false doctrine but I believe it really inflicts long term damage on its adherents.  You're never good enough and you never stop long enough to receive God's grace.  You're always working to EARN YOUR WAY INTO HEAVEN OR WORKING TO ERASE YOUR PAST.

You can't do either.  Instead of Meditating on the Mess, we must receive God's Grace.  When it comes to the Past, making peace with it, refusing to buy into the anxiety and shame of others finding out, and using it for God's Glory is the message!

Max and I have a similar religious background and while we have both moved on to more grace focused theology so I'm always happy to read his books.

The Fluff-o Gospel tells you that everything is always going to be good and happy especially if you name it and claim it, blab it and grab it, or attend this or that conference.  Not so.  We need to be reminded through scripture of what JOY is about and not materialistic, superficial, and shallow silliness.

This is a book that is always good to have on hand!!

Comments

Popular Posts