Fall 2017 Sprint: Unrelenting Prayer and Taking Risks

Several years ago I heard the profound Bob Sorge speak at Shiloh Church.  Bob Sorge suffered a vocal injury during a botched surgery years ago.  When he speaks it's pretty hard to hear him but it's definitely worth it.  He believes that the Lord will supernaturally heal him and that is his unrelenting prayer.

With that being said, his book Unrelenting Prayer provides the readers a great insight on Waiting for God to answer their prayers.  Using the parable of the Persistent Widow Jesus talked about in Luke 18, Pastor Bob implores the readers not to give up!

So I feel this was the PERFECT book to read as I head into the Fall Sprint!


What is the Fall Sprint

I love the concepts of sprints and recovery or interval training. What this means is that at planned intervals we go hard and intensely and other times we recover and take time for introspection and also to rest.

I do this at various points in the year. At the beginning of the year I  start strong and build my momentum. Then towards the summer months we back off and recover only to get ready for the Fall.

During the summer while I was off I really settled into the idea of living my best life.

Many women are not living their best lives. They don't know where to begin and they don't have community for support and encouragement.

I felt called to start my own personal development group and mastermind where I was going to help women develop an action plan for their lives and community To help them go further than they ever could.

I planned to live my best life and I didn't want to do it by myself. I wanted to encourage other women to join me.

Distraction, Temptation, Discouragement

Bob Sorge says that these are the tools that the enemy uses against people when they are waiting on God to answer their prayers.

Dear Ingrid from Shiloh Church told me that the distractions would be CUT as I moved forward in this season of Go Get It.

If I am being honest I wanted some good looking excitement like this young man here
Excitement!
to at least distract me from nothing happening BUT of course that would lead to temptation of thinking THIS IS IT and then I would get discouraged when it wouldn't turn out.

So it's best not to have these things at this time.

My Goals for our Fall Sprint

My goals center around Finances and......personal relationships For the first time ever I have made a public declaration before other people that I would like to be married. There was something about sharing that with no shame but with firm conviction that really helped to get me fired up!

Even when I said it I heard those little voices in my head saying, “Who are you kidding? This is so embarrassing and weak willed” but it's what I want and I am publicly declaring it!

Part of my action plan is to work on those parts of me that would need to improve if this was going to become a reality. I needed to learn more about men and also to be functional.


I have learned my lesson about not being considerate of other people's feelings and allowing my hormones to take control of me....which is why THE WAIT on my own is crucial and why it will be vital when springing into action.

Stepping out on Faith


Faith that does not take risks is all talk.  You’ve got to exercise your faith in order to get gains!  It’s the same principle that we find in fitness!

One of my goals for 2017 was to do a really expensive program that my business coach offered.  I knew that I could not afford it AT ALL with the Surgery, IRS, and Credit Card debt I was facing but she decided that I NEEDED to be in the program and we worked out a deal to get it done.  I did not know HOW I was going to get this done but I knew that I NEEDED to do the program and that I NEEDED to say yes.

I believed that God would provide.

I also believed that this would light a fire under my behind to get it done!  As it was I was already close to making all of the money I made in 2016 through 3 Quarters of the year!  I knew this was risky but I believe as the Bible teaches that Faith without works IS DEAD.

So let's get ready to HIT THIS SPRINT HARD!! The odds are definitely in my favor!

Comments

Popular Posts