40 Day Prayer Challenge: An Aha Moment - The whole Faith and Seed thing

So I had an a-ha moment about seeds this past weekend while reading Draw The Circle.  This is my third or fourth time reading this book and I get something new and different out of it every time. Here was my big A-ha moment this week.

OK you plant a seed, it goes in the ground, and it disappears. You don't see it again until it's time for it to sprout.

That was my A-ha Moment.
I think it's going to be a major point in my story so remember this A-ha Moment.

I am not the most patient person in the world. I like results and I like them to come right away and I like them to make sense. I want to know what is going to happen and I want to know how, why, and I want it all to make sense.

This is what has gotten me into so much trouble in the past.
I've tried to make it make sense when it's the wrong results

So while reading Mark Batterson's own testimony of how he planted his seed of writing a book and he didn't see the actual fruit of the book for thirteen years, I suddenly got it.

Seeds disappear. We forget about them. We don't see them again until it is time.
For people like me that is a good thing or else we would be digging into the ground every day trying to see if anything is happening. Here's the passage in the book where I got it.


Jesus spoke of our faith in relation to a mustard seed, the smallest known garden seed in that culture.

Like every seed, it needs time to germinate, and this particular seed can take up to ten days to germinate. Some plants, like some dreams, take a lot longer. My Dream of writing of writing had to germinate for thirteen years! And some of my goals will take decades to accomplish.

Faith is what keeps those dreams alive, even when it seems as though they are dead and buried. But that is the very nature of seeds. They go underground. They disappear. And while it may seem like they are dead, they are not. They are just germinating beneath the surface.

Mark Batterson, Draw the Prayer circle

Interesting

Mark Batterson also said that each prayer is like a seed that gets planted in the ground. It disappears for a season, but it eventually bears fruit that blesses future generations.

We can't make it grow...only God can do that but we can do our part by taking care of the seed.

This is all very good information because it's confirming my suspicions that I didn't make if all up and this was good for my confidence in God to proclaim me as the victor like Katniss Everdeen because the odds are definitely in my favor.



A Confident Heart

I am also re-reading Renee Swope's book,  A Confident Heart.  

My how things have changed since I first read that book.  When I first read that book, I was failing at my job, angry because I was envious, and generally just in a What in the world is going on? phase

Luckily as I reflected today things worked themselves exactly the way they were supposed to.  

I failed out of my job so I could go and work at a place that helped me build my confidence.

Now all I can say is Thank You Jesus and had no reason to be envious.  AT ALL.  

Well I still don't know what in the world is going on but I hope we get some answers soon....and if now, well at least things aren't boring.

But I will say that my confidence has gown immensely in the past 3.5 years.  I've had enough confidence to:

  • Go after my calling
  • Start my own business
  • Take More Risks 
  • Take BIGGER Risks
  • LIVE OUT LOUD
  • Go Get it
So there you go.  There has been marked improvement and progress.

This week I am headed to a big seminar with Eating Psychology Expert Geneen Roth.  I'm expecting some breakthroughs on some sensitive subjects which is essential for my healing and for me to thrive. 

So yay me!

Well I am all fired up this week so I will be watching the Hunger Games all week.  Tonight is Mocking Jay.  I love Katniss Everdeen

The Odds are definitely in my favor

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts