There but for the Grace of God Go I

Last week as I was driving I just said out loud, "Thank you Lord for your grace and mercy.  My life could look a lot different than it does at this moment if it weren't for your grace. It is so easy to be judgmental of others and what happened to them but There but for the grace of God go I"

I've been reflecting this week that the only reason that I'm not somewhere living crazy without hope is because of the grace of God in my life. Sure I've had to do my part and be obedient but if not for his grace, it could have easily been me trying to navigate certain storms of life.

If not for God's grace, then I could have married outside of God's will and had children that I didn't really want.  I could have went for the money, settled, and not done what it is that I am called to do.

There but for the Grace Go I.

As I look at the coverage of the Refugee crisis throughout the world, my heart breaks for the people. That could have easily been me.  I remember watching an episode of 60 Minutes last year where they showed piles of dead children after they were killed during a chemical attack.

Piles of dead children no better than garbage to be discarded and thrown away.

That could have easily been any of us.

With that said, I don't understand how Christians can be so heartless and be so focused on self preservation that they don't realize that the reason the people are leaving Syria and these other countries is because they don't want to end up like a pile of garbage  ready to be thrown away. 

 Not to mention one of the main reasons there is so much conflict in the first place is due to the destabilization by wars fought on false pretenses but that ain't my business.  Also don't get me started that countries where government officials have financial interests aren't punished....

ANYWAY

I believe that in these times those who are truly called by God and have a message to speak will be called upon to speak truth to power.  The Self Centered and Self Preservation teachings that have permeated 21st Century Christianity have to go.  It just looks terrible when "Christians" are so heartless towards the poor and champion a man like Trump who said he doesn't need to ask God for forgiveness.


You just don't know what to say at this point



Excitement and Adventure

Well I have decided that part of Excitement and Adventure is to take risks.  

Sometimes you just gotta step out to find out and say, "I expect God to do SOMETHING"

My message is to: Go Get it and Let it Come to you.  

It's scary to GO GET IT because you don't know if it is going to come to you but I have decided that part of the fun is putting yourself out there.

I can risk it and see what happens but I won't be manipulating anything or trying to make anything happen.  I will just take risks and see what happens and remind myself that the Lord is with me and he shall not fail.

There but for the Grace of God Go I.

My confidence has grown in these past few years and I also know that God has my best interest at heart so if it doesn't work, then I know that it wasn't for me.

Bishop Garlington said it would happen and I believe it.  I don't know how but I believe it will happen.

First Praise Report of the Year


I set some ambitious financial goals this year and I am pleased to report that in my first month I have more than doubled my revenue and I am looking forward to more success.

I set a goal to help 1000 people this year and I met with a speaking coach this past week to practice for my first speaking gig this year.  I am so excited!

And so I am thankful.  Very thankful.  I know one wrong turn or giving in to what I wanted could have ended in disaster.

There but for the Grace of God go I.

To God be the Glory


Comments

Popular Posts