GREAT FAITH: If you say it, then you'll see it. It doesn't make sense!

What a great time over at Shiloh Church on Sunday.  Pastor David Kiteley celebrated his 70th birthday by preaching a wonderful word from God about GREAT FAITH.  Faith is about YOU and God's provision for YOU and  what YOU want.  Great Faith is when you use your faith for someone else.  He used the examples of the Roman soldier who came to Jesus for healing for another and the Gentile Woman who came to Jesus to heal her daughter.  Their faith was to heal someone else and that's what GREAT FAITH is.

Pastor David has receipts about GREAT FAITH because he and his mother came down to Oakland California from Canada 50 years ago to start Shiloh Church.  A multi cultural and multi racial center for worship and service.  They were told that they couldn't but they had GREAT FAITH that many lives would be changed through Shiloh Church and 50 years later it is!

When he started with Isaiah 54:1 I was so thankful.  That has become part of my promise that I believe the Lord has given me. It's time to sing!

In Isaiah 54:2, the Bible says to Expand your tent and make room.  As Pastor David said, my faith is not being expanded just for me.  It's for others to believe.  This confirmed so much for me because I believe that is exactly what God is doing.  This story that God is giving me isn't just for me, but to impact many and give many others hope.  My faith is being expanded and I'm doing crazy to help other people.  Tears filled my eyes as he proclaimed the words of this scripture that the Lord had spoken to my heart.


Doesn't make sense

"When we came from Canada with $2000, we didn't know what we were doing.  It didn't make sense!  None of it makes sense!  That's how God works!! It doesn't make sense!"

I needed to hear that.  I am in a season where things don't make sense.  I have stirrings, I am going to go get it, and this makes absolutely ZERO sense.  Well it's comforting to know that if you're going to attempt to do great things for the glory of God that none of it makes sense and you have to follow God to find out what happens next.

Doing the will of God is rarely convenient

That statement makes all the sense when it doesn't make sense.  It involves sacrificing, not getting immediate results and going through a process, and not living like everyone else.  It's not easy and can be downright puzzling.  But we cling to the promises of God that we shall not be put to shame and we will see the glory of God

If you say it, then you'll see it

Pastor David said this to us on Sunday:  "If you say it, then you'll see it."  Say what you see so you can see what you say.  I am currently enrolled in the Mindset Performance Institute and a large part of it is becoming aware of your internal stories and why people SAY what they do.  I was negative for so long.  I would say negative things even if I was "joking".  It was still negative and that's why my perspective was so negative.  Internally I was negative and defeated.

Life has changed.  I am now saying what I see not even with my natural eyes but my spiritual eyes.  I see God doing a great thing.  I believe and expect God to do SOMETHING.  My speech has changed.  What's really funny is that circumstances haven't changed but my mindset, internal environment, and speech has changed.  I believe God can do anything you know.  Even the crazy things.  Especially the crazy things.

I see my life, my influence, my faith growing.  I see what God has shown me and prophesied into my life coming to pass and I'm talking as if.  As Mark Batterson says in Draw the Prayer Circle, I've prayed for rain and now I've got my waders on!  Hallelujah,  

I'm saying what I see and then I know I will see what I say.

Chronicling the Story

Yes I am chronicling the story and what God is doing in my life this season.  I believe that this story will impact many people and inspire them.  I believe this story of  ACTIVE FAITH & GREAT FAITH will change lives and be the start of great legacies.

I've been blogging for 2 years and while I won't be sharing the details of my story here, I will still be blogging and sharing because I want a public record so that when this story is ready to be published, people will not accuse me of making it up.  They can see as I went along that i have SOME public documentation.

Women who do crazy will leave legacies.  Time to go Crazy!

To God be the Glory!


Comments

Popular Posts