On Mission: LIVE OUT LOUD and Speak Truth to Power

Well.

That's all I can really say at this moment and time.  I am not sure what I think and I'm not sure it even matters what I think at this point.  All that matters is that: 
  • I don't chicken out
  • I don't try to control or manipulate outcomes
  • I don't get attached to any particular outcome
  • I trust God to provide

Go Get it Girl and Rebekah

So I missed the service where Bishop Garlington was speaking but I did manage to catch the last part where he talked about Rebekah and her camels.  I remember he talked about that this year. Since I missed the message I decided to read the story and I concluded that Rebekah was the ultimate GO GET IT GIRL.  If she had stayed at home that day and she did not GO GET water for the servant's camels, then she would not be the mother of millions.

She had her GO GET IT GIRL moment and then she LET IT COME to her.  

The servant in that story also lived out that truth:  He prayed O Lord let my mission be successful and then he went and then Rebekah came.  

GO GET IT GIRL, LET IT COME, TRUST GOD FOR PROVISION

I think I'm getting it.

O Lord let my mission be successful

I have dreamed my outrageous dream, I've written my vision on the tablet, and now all I can say is like the servant in the story:  "O Lord let my mission be successful."  That's all I can say.  I've even said I'm being missional and intentional about this whole thing and we'll know sooner rather than later if this was a GOD breathed idea or a GENEVA breathed idea.

All I can say is O Lord let my mission be successful.  My life is missional, purposeful, and intentional.  My message is going to get lost if I just get caught up in mess and trying to do things my way.

In that story, the Bible said that angels went before the servant.  I pray and ask God to let the angels go before me in this season and lead the way.

Mighty Be Our Powers: Having enough faith so people don't lose out.

I am reading Mighty Be Our Powers by Leymah Gwobee for my Holy Hour and it is cutting me in my core and the spirit of God is speaking through her words.  She recounts these stories where she doesn't bring these girls home with her because she did not have enough faith for God to provide.  She said she wonders if she did what would have happened to those girls?  Maybe they would be doing great things.

That has spoken to me because I've often thought that myself that if I quit my journey, how many people will lose out?  If I don't trust God for provision, then I'll end up settling for a get by option that will come with its own set of consequences and regrets.

That lets me know that lack of faith not only hurts you but all the others that would be helped.  I can't chicken out.

Live Out Loud and Speak Truth to Power

This week my mantra is to LIVE OUT LOUD.  As I prepare for this missional season, I know that I cannot be silent.  My life cannot be silent.  I have to live out loud.  This what I am convinced of I have to say it out loud.  These bold visions, these outrageous dreams, and powerful intentions I have to live out loud.  I can't be silent because there are so many people with platforms to lead people astray.  Who loses when people who actually DO have a message don't live out loud?  Those folks who need help the most.

Speaking Truth to Power

God has given me some new insights on some things and one is that I cannot be intimidated and insecure about speaking the truth to those who I perceive to be powerful or have position. I have to speak the truth to them SO THAT things change and that I can make a difference.

I also look at speaking truth to power as speaking the truth SO THAT it empowers people.  There isn't a lot of TRUTH being spoken these days.  There is a lot of ear tickling and itching ears but not a lot of truth...and that's why people end up defeated so I look at speaking truth to power as my duty so that more people have power to live.

On Mission and not about achieving a particular outcome

I am in a season where I believe I am on mission and it's not about achieving a specific outcome the way I think it should go.  Did I set a specific intention?  Yes.  My brains have been turning on how to MAKE it happen and thinking "Ooh this is probably NOT going to happen." But I must keep reminding myself that if it is of God then my mission will be successful.  I just can't attach myself to thinking it has to turn out the way I think it should.

God has his ways of doing things and his ways are higher than ours and they are better.  I just have to  keep telling myself "On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided"

Oh Lord let my mission be successful

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts