The Vision and The Mission: He's Already Done it

I have been quiet on this blog because there hasn't been much to say.  There haven't been any earth shattering moments nor has the red sea parted and I've marched into the Promised Land.

It's been quiet.

I am not going to run ahead and try to make things happen. I will let things come to me and wait on God's perfect timing.  I have no clue what's happening on the other side of the mountain.

Frustration

This past week I've found myself very frustrated.  Seeing the racial injustice in this country, complete disregard for human life, and the silence of the faith community (particularly Black preachers) had me discouraged.

I've had this sinking feeling for a while now that most of the pulpits in America are populated by pimps, hustlers, and worst of all cowards.  These guys are ones to not make waves or offend people when we see in the New Testament that's all Jesus did.  Most of these men calling themselves pastors are too busy trying to preserve their dwindling churches rather than face the reality of what's going on out in the world.

I've found myself frustrated but I see glimmers of hope.

I don't believe the TRADITIONAL church will be the ones to carry on the fight for justice.  I believe it will be a group of believers who will band together and begin proclaiming truth.

Today's sermon at church confirmed my beliefs.  The Pastor told us stories of his mother who was a pastor and thrown out of the church she founded because she was a woman.  She also got involved in the Civil Rights movement because she said it wasn't political but a movement of God.  

I was so encouraged by this testimony.

I also was encouraged because I see God working through one who I believe will be a modern day prophet.  I even saw where someone said "That was the spirit of God speaking through you."  Since the moment I've come in contact with this individual I have motivated to pray for them to awaken because I believe this person has a message that needs to be declared.

The Vision and The Mission

I am doing a study on this book called the Story of Marriage.  I got this at my Women's Empowerment conference back in September.  The author Lisa Bevere reminds me a lot of myself: loud, opinionated, and wanting to be in control so I figured I should get her book.

At first when I started it, I thought "Why am I reading this book?  I have ZERO prospects...This is just going to get me depressed".

Actually the opposite has happened.  

I've been encouraged because a lot of what I have been talking about and journaling about is confirmed in this book.  She talks about having vision for a marriage and making sure that is FRUITFUL.  Make sure it bears fruit.  

I have reaffirmed my vision and my commitment to seeing it happen.  That's what faith is all about. Having confidence that the vision will be attained.

He's Already Done It

Today the Pastor asked people to stand and ask for prayer.  I got my favorite older woman who prayed for me to be free earlier this year and wouldn't you know it...nothing has been the same since.

Today I asked her to pray for protection for me and that God would bless me to see this vision to come to pass.

She looked right at me, laid her hands on me, and said:  He's already done it.  He showed it to you because HE'S ALREADY DONE IT.  She asked then God to bless me and keep me all the days of my life.

What a word for today!  

At this point, it's like:  Just stand still and watch.  God will fight for me.  What a blessing.

He's already done it.  

Just stand still and watch.

To God be the Glory

Comments

Popular Posts