Live from the Wilderness: Hard Truth #8 Trust your gut aka the Holy Spirit

It seems that every time I finish one journal, I am on the precipice of some new chapter and journey.  This time was no exception because literally EVERYTHING is changing.

One thing I like to do is see where I was at the beginning of the journal and begin to review my journey  to see where I am now.

This last journal was started in September of 2012.  

Reading through it was embarrassing at first.  This was during my obsession with Brother Bad News and I just had to shake my head at some of my thought processes.

Then we got to to 2013 which was the year I felt was full of promise.  It was but God's ways were totally different from what I thought was going to happen.  Two things in particular stuck out to me.


Missed Opportunities

Our church put on a play in April of last year and the part that struck me the hardest was the fact that one of the characters had his life tragically altered because he missed an opportunity to help someone.  That part really struck a chord with me.  I remember at the time I could not go to sleep because I felt so convicted about that point.

I wrote in my journal: How many opportunities do I miss because I am so self absorbed, and so busy lusting after people I could care less about what they need?  How could my life change if I was willing to accept divine assignments?

I guess the Lord heard me because he sure gave me an assignment after that.

One month later I looked up in church and the Lord told me to pray for the man in front of me and as we know things were never the same after that.

I had forgotten all about that experience and even last year I would think:  What if I hadn't prayed for that man?  What if I had missed that opportunity?  

WOW!

Trust your gut aka the Holy Spirit

On April 3, 2013 I wrote:

I don't think I should apply for the management job.  I don't have peace about it and I don't think it's the right thing to do.  I think God is calling me to a higher level.

So what did I do?  NOT LISTEN!  THAT'S WHAT I DID!

My manager at the time encouraged me to apply for the job and so I did because it was the logical choice.  Now God in his infinite mercy gave me the better of the situations, but it was still the wrong choice and it only took 6 months before I bowed out.

So now I'm doing the original plan that I felt God had called me to and when I tell you have such peace, I have peace that surpasses MY understanding.  I am not worried, not concerned, and I am not nervous.  

The reason I didn't go through with the original plan was because I didn't see how it was going to work out.  I could not see the end to the story and so I was too afraid to even start.  Now I don't know how it is going to end, but I know God is with me so the possibilities are endless.

I really don't care what anyone else thinks at this point and I have been sharing with people about all that happened during this process.  All the way from the decision about what I wanted, the random phone call, how I decided to just go forward, and God has met every need.

As I reflected on that, I thought "Well what other gut stuff am I not listening to???"  "What other gut stuff do I have insight on and am hesitant about because it doesn't make any logical sense?"  '

*Big Smile* Mmmmmhmmm.

I decided then and there when God says "Go and take the land.  It is already yours" 

I AM GOING!  Point blank and the period.

   I am not going to listen to the spies and naysayers.  I am going to listen to my gut which says that God has given me this land and it is time for me to go in.

This was an excellent exercise and I realize that I am on the edge of the promised land and ready to go in and take the territory.  I am BEYOND excited because I know God is with me.  There will be Jordan Rivers to cross and giants to fight but God is with me and we will have victory!

To God be the Glory




Comments

Popular Posts